Do It Write Editorial Services Ltd. is an Edmonton-based editorial service company that focuses on writing and editing for the web.
Whether your customers are trying to answer a question, complete a process or just get some general information, Do It Write creates web content that helps them get the job done.
Specialized service for schools and governments
With almost 20 years of experience in creating and managing web content for government and post-secondaries, Do It Write is uniquely placed to meet your institution’s needs.
A wide variety of experience in corporate communications, journalism and editing means Do It Write can do your project right.
Do It Write Editorial Services Ltd. is owned and operated by Kim MacDonald.
The quick list
- an experienced web writer and editor
- a trained journalist (Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Communications)
- a user advocate
- a wordgeek who reads style and usage guides for fun
- skilled at finding what’s missing (and I enjoy doing research to fill in the gaps)
I have more than 20 years of experience in government and post-secondary corporate communications, with the majority of this time focused on the web – from writing and editing to content strategy. I have been directly employed by the Government of Alberta and NAIT, and count Athabasca University and Alberta Advanced Education among my clients.
I am a user-focused editor. You are my client, but my goal is to help your customers succeed. I want to create a positive experience that will help your users achieve their goals – and build your brand.
When you hire me, you get more than an experienced web editor. You also get the benefit of my experience in
- creating and editing training documents
- creating style sheets and style guides
- facilitating user testing
- developing content strategy
- providing one-on-one coaching
- using a Content Management System to create and update pages
- OpenText Web Site Management (RedDot)